We’re building a movement – an education revolution.
We’re building a world where anyone, anywhere can have access to the best education regardless of where they were born. At our core, we believe education is a right, not a privilege. To that end, we’re building a company and a suite of products to lead the charge in transforming access to education.
ApplyBoard is an online platform that empowers students around the world to access the best education by connecting international students, recruitment partners, and academic institutions. We simplify the study abroad search, application, and acceptance process. Not only do we help students with their study abroad journey, but we also help academic institutions to find the best students globally. Our goal is to help enable better, more diverse, schools that are enriched with cultures from all over the world.
Our growing IT group is looking for an IT Support Analyst to join the team. Reporting to the IT Manager, this position is responsible for supporting the day to day operations of ApplyBoard’s IT needs. The IT Analyst knows Windows, Mac, and Linux operating systems inside and out. You have expert customer service skills and the flexibility to adapt to a variety of tasks. Join a fast-paced and quickly growing company and take ownership of providing best-in-class IT support.
What you’ll be doing every day:
- Provide technical support for Windows 10, Mac OS X and Linux environments.
- Own and management of problems and issues from start to finish.
- Troubleshoot and manage VPN connectivity.
- Event and meeting room support.
- User and group management in Active Directory and G Suite
- IT equipment procurement from vendors as required.
- Update and maintain records in the asset management system.
- Identify opportunities for innovations or improvements to the way ApplyBoard IT helps our customers.
- Identify and resolve network problems using a web-based management interface.
- Other duties as required.
What you bring to the table:
- College diploma in Information Technology, Computer Science or a related field, or a minimum of 3-5 years experience in an IT Helpdesk role.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to work with various types of users and explain technical details to non-technical individuals.
- Experience with Apple and Microsoft operating systems.
- Experience managing users in G Suite and Active Directory.
- Comfortable using Office 365 and Google productivity tools.
- Strong understanding of networking fundamentals and with Unify networks.
- Advanced troubleshooting for all types of technical service requests and issues involving computers, network, all smartphones/tablets, AV systems, enterprise applications/systems
- Demonstrated knowledge of current security and privacy best practices.
- Capable of handling a challenging, real-time environment with strong and quick troubleshooting capabilities
- There may be a requirement to manage email outside of business hours for business needs
- After-hours work may be necessary due to schedules, deadlines and/or reliability issues.
- CompTIA A+, Network+, ITIL Foundations certifications preferred.
Life at ApplyBoard:
By joining our team, you have the opportunity to be part of one of the fastest-growing technology companies, not only in Canada but the world. With that, you will have many opportunities for professional growth and advancement. Work alongside a globally diverse team of more than 1,000 team members from 25+ countries, representing 30+ nationalities, and speaking 50+ languages.
Make a difference in the lives of thousands of students as they explore educational opportunities.
ApplyBoard empowers students around the world to access the best education by simplifying the study abroad search, application, and acceptance process to more than 1,500 institutions across Canada, Australia, the United States, and the United Kingdom. ApplyBoard, headquartered in Kitchener, Ontario, Canada, has helped more than 200,000 students from more than 125 countries along their educational journeys since 2015.
ApplyBoard was named the fastest-growing technology company in Canada by Deloitte, ranking #1 on the Technology Fast 50™ list in 2019 and #2 in 2020. ApplyBoard was also been named to LinkedIn’s list of Top Startups in 2020 and TechTO’s list of top Canadian Rocketship companies to accelerate your career in the Tech Industry.
In 2021, ApplyBoard announced a C$375M Series D funding on a C$4B valuation. This funding will allow us to further invest in our technology, grow our team around the world, and serve more students on our mission to educate the world. Thank you for your interest in ApplyBoard. Please note that only qualified applicants that have been selected for an interview will be contacted.