Bioelectronic Medicine Electrical Engineer
Website Northwell health
We are Northwell Health and we are shaping the future of healthcare. We are New York State’s largest healthcare provider and private employer with 21 hospitals, nearly 450 outpatient practices and we serve 8 million people in the metro New York area and beyond. We’re committed to delivering exceptional patient and customer experiences – together. Through compassionate care and innovative technology, our team members make the extraordinary the new ordinary. We allow our employees to become the best they can be through growth and education so they can deliver breakthroughs- every day. Become part of our 61,000 strong today.
Join our team to revolutionize medicine. The Center for Bioelectronic Medicine at the Feinstein Institute for Medical Research is recruiting for positions in the fields of neurophysiology, neural engineering, microfabrication, bioelectronics and biosensing, and neural decoding and data analytics.
Each successful candidate will work as part of a multidisciplinary team to determine the nature of neural control over molecular, cellular and organ functions of the body, the parts of the brain that regulate those nerves, and the signals that the brain receives to monitor cell and organ function. Projects will focus on determining which nerve fibers exert control, the types of signals those fibers use, and how these signals can be manipulated to treat diseases and conditions such as rheumatoid arthritis, paralysis, Crohn’s disease, Alzheimer’s disease, diabetes and even cancer.
As an Electrical Engineer, you will perform investigative research in the field of neuro-modulation and device development. You will test and evaluate implantable devices developed for neuro-stimulation and recording. You will perform benchtop and in vitro/in vivoexperimental studies and publish/present data. You will collaborate with Investigators and Scientists in facilitating scientific research and participate in various types of institute and community activities.
- Provide research and technical expertise in the design, selection of material/components, development, testing, and evaluation of novel implantable neuromodulation devices.
- Analyze electrophysiological and electrochemical responses to neuromodulation.
- Perform experiments, collects data, analyzes results, drafts engineering reports, and present to leadership for review.
- Direct and perform engineering, computer science and statistical studies for select research projects.
- Maintain equipment and infrastructure in the bioelectronics laboratory.
- Attend scientific and technical meetings, build and maintain databases, work with computer software, and integrate systems, as needed.
- Participate in the writing of abstracts, manuscripts and grant applications.
- Perform related duties, as required.
- Master’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or Statistics. Doctorate Degree, preferred.
- Minimum of three (3) years related experience including signal processing, analog/digital filter design, spectral analysis, and wavelets; electrical stimulation, neuro-stimulation, neural recording and transcutaneous electrode design; and analog and digital circuit design, amplifier design and adaptive filtering, required.
- Machine learning methods – clustering, Principal Component Analysis (PCA), Independent Component Analysis (ICA), Latent Dirichlet Allocation (LDA), Support Vector Machines (SVM), Feature extraction and Matlab proficiency, required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
At Northwell Health we give you the power to transform lives. Our team members are shaping the future of healthcare by making our customers and patients healthier, stay well and live better. We are at the forefront of innovation, best practice and cutting-edge research. As a team, we at Northwell Health are working together to shape the future of healthcare. It is our commitment and our culture that sets us apart from others and is the cornerstone of everything we do. Our team is leading the charge for the better and settling for nothing less than a new way of living.
Please note: Northwell Health is a smoke-free environment. Smoking and the use of tobacco products is strictly prohibited anywhere on campus, including parking lots and outdoor areas on the premises. Free smoking cessation programs and quit medications are offered to team members who wish to quit through the Northwell Health Center for Tobacco Control.
We are an equal opportunity/AA employer: F/M/Disability/Vet
To apply for this job please visit jobview.monster.com.